As humans, we all have the curiosity of exploration and adventure, but we don’t all take advantage of it. We make excuses day in and day out on why we can’t do something. We have full-time jobs, families, and other restrictions deterring us from getting away or exploring the world. The biggest questions to ask yourself is where and why?
There are plenty of benefits and lessons to traveling, especially on the road in an RV. The biggest excuse is time, money, and career. If you plan your adventure the right way with thought and dedication, you’ll be able to throw away those excuses that are holding you back.
So many people get stuck in their hometown because of convenience of their everyday life. They don’t realize there is an entire world out there to be explored and experienced. If you don’t get out to see the world, you’ll never know what is out there. You could meet some amazing people, experience different cultures and point of views, and make incredible memories.
Why an RV?
Traveling in an RV offers a plethora of benefits and amazing experiences. The so-called “traditional” way of vacationing and traveling consists of a magnificent destination, a flight, a hotel, and lastly an agenda. On paper, the destination and expensive hotel trumps the actual point of the trip. Traveling this way can hinder the actual experience of a legitimate trip.
Here are some benefits of choosing to set off on the road in an RV:
- Freedom – traveling in an RV gives you a substantial amount of freedom when on the road. It gives you the opportunity to stop when you want and explore a city, small town, diner, or a coffee shop. You may not realize that you will be experiencing a place that you will fall in love with after leaving.
- Convenience – it’s a home on wheels. You have the convenience of going to the bathroom, showering, cooking food, sleeping, and stopping on the road wherever you please. There are no connecting flights, layovers, or security checks.
- Unplug and Unwind – with whoever or whomever you travel with, it’s easy to get caught up in our devices regardless. When traveling in an RV, there is a sense of mystery and “off-the-gird” mentality that enters our minds. You won’t always have service or internet on the road, which will force you to unplug, unwind, and take in the scenery.
- Affordable – in the big picture, it makes everything easier and less expensive. The preparation of booking hotels, renting a car, and feeding yourself can take time. It also requires more money. When you are able to travel in an RV, you’re giving yourself an all-in-one restaurant, hotel, and transportation option.
You can spend time with your family during your everyday life, but most of the time, you have other things on your mind. When traveling in an RV with your family, you’re getting a better bonding experience with your children, siblings, or parents. Making memories exploring together can give you a different perspective on life that will allow you to incorporate that into your everyday lives. You may get to know your siblings more on an intellectual level because you’re sharing memories together, rather than experiencing something by yourself and going to them to share the story. It’s a much more fulfilling experience.
Make it a Fun Adventure
You may not think of bringing certain material items on your vacation because of the limitations that come with flying, hotel staying, and car rentals. With an RV, you are able to bring your pet, guitar, games, and other things you wouldn’t ever think of. RV packing can be difficult, but it will be necessary and rewarding in the end.
Tips on what to bring:
- Musical Instruments
- Board Games/Cards
- Cooking/Kitchen Supplies
- Cleaning Supplies
- Lawn Chairs
- Umbrellas/Outdoor Wear
- Appropriate Clothing/Footwear
- Laundry supplies
Check out some of the best USA Road trips!
Hemet Valley RV
Hemet Valley RV has manufactured aluminum and fiberglass siding for the RV repair industry since 1995. We make it easy to refurbish and repair RV’s. California is a great place to escape your daily life and start traveling. Don’t be afraid of hopping in an RV because of the size of it and the so-called “hassle” that it is. If you try it, you will be happily surprised on how great it is to travel in one. If you’re looking to upgrade or repair your siding of your RV, contact Hemet Valley RV at 951-765-5075 today!